I love doughnuts but vegan ones are quite hard to come by. The fried ones are super tasty but they’re quite oily and overly sweet. So here is a recipe for a healthier version of, but still delicious, blueberry doughnuts. The sweet scent of cinnamon will fill your kitchen!
If you halve the ingredients below, it will make 9 doughnuts.
- 2 cups of plain flour (sifted)
- ¼ cup melted plant-based butter
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 175º or Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the milk, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix until it is smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into your doughnut tin or silicone doughnut tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once cooked, transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!