I’m sure you’ve all seen the TikTok recipe that caused the shortage of feta cheese in Finland! However, have you tried the vegan version?
As soon as I said I was going to try making it, my family and friends immediately asked how can I eat it as it’s made with dairy? Thanks to Violife creating vegan Greek cheese, this dish is just as equally tasty – if not more, I dare say!
- 230g block of Violife Greek cheese
- 220g piccolo cherry tomatoes
- 250g pasta of your choice
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and black pepper to season
- A couple of fresh basil leaves (optional)
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 200˚ C
- Place the block of Violife’s Greek cheese into an ovenproof dish and the cherry tomatoes around it. Sprinkle the dried oregano and garlic powder over it and drizzle the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper before placing into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst that is baking in the oven, cook the pasta in salted water.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add the spinach to pot to soften and then drain.
- Once the cheese and tomatoes are cooked, take the dish out from the oven and stir in the cooked pasta and spinach.
- Finely chop the fresh basil leaves (if using) and add to the pasta dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Besides being so easy to cook, this dish is incredibly versatile. You can add and remove ingredients to mix things up. Feel free to comment below with your favourite ingredients!