Fed up of shop bought cakes? Want to make a homemade one without lots of measuring?
Wright’s Chocolate Fudge Cake mix is perfect for the job! Vi Vian kindly gave me this mix to try and it is a real crowd pleaser but so so easy to make! You only need to add a bit of water and oil and pop it into the oven.
My oven has a tendency of burning everything.. So I cut the sides off and decorated it with some of the ‘crunchier’ parts and a thin layer of Nestlé’s Carnation Chocolate Filling & Topping.
How to make
- Put 60ml of vegetable oil, 200ml of water and Wright’s Chocolate Fudge Cake mix into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place in a lined or well greased cake tin and bake for 50-60mins at 200˚C / Gas Mark 6.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 mins before removing from the tin and transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cut the sides off and keep to one side.
- Once completely cool, decorate with a layer of Chocolate Filling. Arrange a few of the leftover pieces on top of the cake and you’re done!
If you’re feeling creative, you can add extra toppings The cake part not tempting you? You can also use the cake mix to make brownies, cupcakes or muffins!
Not sure what to do with the rest of the Chocolate Topping & Filling? Click below for my chocolate fondant recipe, which just oozes chocolate.