Chocolate and peanut butter, the perfect combination right? I decided to use my two favourite things and make a three-tiered chocolate cake with a creamy peanut butter frosting and even added chocolate chips (the cake mix calls for orange zest but I love chocolate more). This cake is free from gluten, dairy and egg. Here’s how you can make one too…
- 1 packet of Mrs O’s Luxury Chocolate Cake Mix
(plus the ingredients stated on the back of the packet: vegan spread/oil, water, almond milk, white vinegar and vanilla extract)
- 75g vegan chocolate chips
Peanut butter frosting:
- 55g sunflower spread, softened
- 125g smooth peanut butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 1-3 tbsp almond milk
How to make
- Pour the chocolate cake mix into the bowl and the ingredients listed on the packet. Stir until smooth and add the chocolate chips. Pour into three 8″ sandwich tins and bake at Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- In the meantime you can make the peanut butter frosting. Beat the sunflower spread and peanut butter in a bowl until combined and sift the icing sugar in small batches and mix well. When the frosting starts to thicken, add a tablespoon of almond milk at a time until frosting is thick and spreadable. Spread the frosting between the bottom and middle cake layer. You can spread it on the top layer also or get creative! I placed a third in a piping bag and swirled it on top.