I recently ordered some of my favourite matcha tea from Kyoto and was so happy to find that they had packed some matcha chocolate with my order! The only problem was that it was milk chocolate, so I couldn’t eat it.
I noticed that there are lots of matcha products on the market but not many are vegan-friendly. When I went to Japan, I really wished I could enjoy their matcha KitKats. With some vegan white chocolate and matcha powder in the pantry, I decided it was time to make my own vegan matcha chocolate!
I used The Free From Kitchen Co.’s white chocolate and Pure Chimp’s matcha powder but this recipe will work with any white chocolate.
- 100g vegan white chocolate
- 1 tsp matcha powder
How to make
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of boiling water.
- Once melted, sieve the teaspoon of matcha powder into the white chocolate and stir until fully combined.
- Dust the chocolate mould with some matcha powder and pour the melted matcha chocolate in.
- Let it cool down before transferring to the fridge.