January (or maybe it’s Veganuary for some of you), the month where you want to stay in and hibernate. If you have been making the most of Deliveroo or Uber Eats and fancy stepping into the kitchen to make something new, then read on!
This recipe makes a fantastic brunch. It’s quick, easy and super tasty. It’s also vegan. Made from a fruit called ackee, it has a wonderful scrambled egg texture when mixed up in a pan!
- 1 tin of ackee
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 2 birds eye chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oil
- Black pepper
How to make
- Heat up a non-stick pan and add the oil. Add the garlic and chillies and fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Drain the ackee before adding it to the pan. Add the paprika and mix it in the pan to combine it with the garlic and chilli flavours.
- Throw in the handful of spinach and stir until it’s completely wilted and soft.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste and mix well.
- Serve with warm slices of crusty bread