But if you are looking to spice things up a bit, why not try adding Zims Tribe’s Habanero & Scotch Bonnet (Chilli & Tomato) Relish? Homemade in Andrew’s kitchen, all of Zims Tribe’s range is vegan friendly and gluten free.
This recipe is great if you have any cooked rice or sausages left over. It is also dairy and egg free, but feel free to add any extra ingredients that you like!
Spicy Fried Rice with Chipolatas
- 250g cooked rice
- 100g garden peas
- 6 cooked chipolatas, chopped
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp sunflower / olive oil
- 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 2 tsps Zims Tribe Habanero & Scotch Bonnet Relish
- A small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 spring onion
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
How to make
- Dice the carrot and boil for 4 minutes before adding the peas. Boil for 3 more minutes before draining and set aside.
- Finely chop and fry the garlic in the oil in a pan.
Add the rice and stir. Pour in the carrots, peas, chipolatas and soy sauce and stir until mixed.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of Zims Tribe Relish into the fried rice and stir in. You can add more and chilli flakes if you like it spicy! Season to taste and plate up.
Finely chop the coriander and spring onion and sprinkle on top of the spicy fried rice.
- Serve with sliced cucumber, if desired or enjoy as it is!